Westgate Art Club Chairpersons 2018-2019:
Holly Connors – email@example.com
Christine Naunheimer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Ozburn-Shimuk – email@example.com
To provide Westgate Art Club students, grades 1-5, with art experiences to encourage creativity through engagement of artist volunteers, students and parent volunteers.
At year end, to provide students with a “Gallery Night” experience showcasing art projects and artist statements prepared by students.
Art Club Activities:
- Participation in 5 art projects throughout the school year taught by parent artists and volunteers.
- Each lesson is taught to the 5 sections of art club.
- Sections are limited to ~30-32 total students per section (capacity of the art room at Westgate).
- Parent volunteers assist with art sessions and set up, hosting and take down of Gallery Night.
- Students will exhibit artwork at Gallery Night in May 2019. Artwork is displayed at Westgate after the Gallery Night.
- Link to Daily Herald Article about WAC:
- Online registration – first come, first serve
- Maintain 5 sections at grade levels (depending on numbers of registrants)
- Waiting list so that students may be added if there are openings
- “Lead Parent Committee Member” for each grade level to ensure consistent coverage of art club sessions.
- Use of Sign-up Genius website for volunteers to assist with sessions.
- Signed agreement that students will attend sessions unless there is an illness or planned absence and for good behavior while attending club sessions.
The Reflections PTA Program is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program that promotes the arts and encourages creativity at home and school. By entering this contest your child will get an opportunity to create original works of art based on a common theme, Heroes Around Me.
Submission deadline is Monday, 10-29-2018 to the Westgate School office.
Please visit the Westgate PTA website at https://westgatepta.com/national-pta-reflections/ for more information and entry rules!
The categories are as follows:
Visual Arts, Dance Choreography, Music Composition, Literature, Film Production, and Photography.
Please watch these short videos with your student for more info and for inspiration: https://youtu.be/41eJhCBCJVg and https://youtu.be/MxuaR7sD5WY
If your student wishes to participate in the Reflections Program, please send an email including your name, your child’s name and teacher, and the category or categories for which they would like to submit to Annette Felho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gallery Night 2017 Slideshow
WAC 2016-2017 Theme – “What’s Your Story?”
WAC 2015-2016 Theme – “Let Your Imagination Soar”
We displayed all of the Watercolor Painting Projects in the art room hallway in December and January as part of our winter gallery.
The watercolor project was developed by Daniela Sents, a Westgate parent. The students created poems describing themselves with watercolor and fine point markers.
Our winter gallery theme was – “I am poems” “We are like a snowflake – all different in our own beautiful way”